[Enigmail] From Circumvention

Stefan 2904 at 2904.cc
Thu Mar 5 14:51:14 CET 2015

Hi,

Am 05.03.15 um 07:42 schrieb Ludwig Hügelschäfer:
> On 04.03.15 23:33, Rainer Blome wrote:
>> Am 04.03.2015 um 13:18 schrieb Patrick Brunschwig:
>>> We could also implement something like an automatic monthly
>>> check of all keys on keyservers.
>
>> Would this amount to sending your "PGP address book" to the key
>> server? That is something some might want to avoid.
>
> The keyserver would be requested for every key in your keyring - of
> course not for those which are already revoked.

I think was Rainer means is the fact that requesting updates from every
key in your keyring would show the keyserver admin and everyone on the
probably unsecured connection which keys are in your keyring.

I also would like such a feature, but thought should be given whether
this should be the default. (And information about the implications in
the UI would be nice.)

Cheers,