[Enigmail] From Circumvention

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Fri Mar 6 17:05:32 CET 2015

On 03/03/15 18:27, Philip Jackson wrote:
> On 03/03/15 15:44, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>>  Really easy:
>>
>>   1.  The "Help" button beside "Convenient encryption settings" is
>>       sometimes unresponsive.  I saw this bug with my own two eyes
>>       (thanks, Dmitri!) and can confirm it.
>

> While we are talking about this 'help' button, I'll add a comment.
>
> In my system : Ubuntu1404, Thunderbird 31.4.0 and enigmanil 1.8b1 :
>
> clicking this button opens the help dialogue in the background perfectly aligned
> with the preferences dialogue.  Fortunately the help dialog is a little taller
> otherwise you'd never know it had opened.

Further to strange / defective Help function in enigmail :

I've just installed a debian os on an old portable and added Icedove 35.1 and
enigmail 1.8b1.  The Help button on the enigmail preferences/ sending tab did
not appear to do anything.

In fact it opened a small window behind the preferences window.  The help window
was so small that it was completely masked by the preferences window.

Perhaps this couold be fixed prior to release of 1.8 ?
Philip