[Enigmail] spontaneous change of message status

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Sat Mar 14 16:53:24 CET 2015

On 14/03/15 11:20, nico at enigmail.net wrote:
> Am 13.03.2015 um 20:06 schrieb Philip Jackson:
>> 2. 'To' field in email must be red.  This happens at random for any given email
>> address but I can provoke it by breaking the address.  (I assumed the red
>> indicated that Thunderbird considered the address broken )
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/995544:
>
> Usually the address is red to indicate that it is not in your address
> book. I have seen some reports of the red color even on contacts that
> are in the address book.

Looking at this link and one provided by David Boles, it seems that Thunderbird
has several red colour related issues.  In my case the same addressee can be
either black or red depending on some unknown (to me) factor and is generally an
address which is in the address book.

In any case, the mails arrive ok at destination so I never worried.

Philip