[Enigmail] enigmail tagging scheme -- move from enigmail-1-8 to enigmail-1.9 ?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Mar 17 20:09:23 CET 2015

Hi Enigmail folks--

Thanks for the enigmail v1.8 release, i hope to have it in debian
experimental later today.

I notice that the enigmail tagging scheme maps version 1.8 to
enigmail-1-8.  Presumably this is a holdover from the CVS days where a
tag couldn't have a . in it.

With git, tags can have . in them.  It would make my life a little bit
easier as a packager [0] to have the version string explicitly
represented as 1.8 in the tag, where possible.  What do you think about
moving to an "enigmail-1.8" style of tag for future releases?

I recognize this is not of crucial importance, but if there are no
reasons to keep the old pattern besides inertia, maybe a change is
acceptable?

        --dkg

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/7780679