[Enigmail] New 1.8 toolbar on the composition window

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 20:49:28 CET 2015

On 18-3-2015 20:24, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 3/18/15 5:54 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

>>> Yes, that's the default, and I have those as well (icons and text).
>>
>> thanks for the reportback, and for the screenshot.  I guess i should
>> note that while we have the same buttons in the same layout, our icons
>> are entirely different (i'm running Debian GNU/Linux, i suspect our OS
>> integration packages are involved with these decisions).
>
> Surely. That said, I use all 3 major OS' and none of the icons are
> fuzzy. :)  They feel "not ready for prime-time" to me.
>
>> So it may not be possible for enigmail to ship icons that match
>> everyone's iconsets, without selecting icons from thunderbird's default
>> set.
>
> I'm not sure that's necessary ... a good graphics person could come up
> with a "least common denominator" button that would fit in with all 3
> platforms.
In add-ons it is perfectly possible to create different skins for
different operating systems.

For my add-on Mail Redirect I not only do it for 3 OS'es but 4: Win XP,
Win Aero, Linux and Mac OS X, and I also have different styling for
older Thunderbird versions and the two themes included with SeaMonkey...

Onno