[Enigmail] New 1.8 toolbar on the composition window

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Wed Mar 18 21:30:15 CET 2015

On 3/18/15 1:10 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> That's a totally non-sequitur argument...
>
> That's because it's not an argument.  It's showing you that you're
> arguing from one particular viewpoint, and the other viewpoint is every
> bit as valid.  They are just as correct to question your existence as
> you are to question theirs.  And they are also just as correct to ask
> for an interface that meets their needs as you are to ask for one that
> meets yours.

Given how many times I've clarified what I'm actually concerned about I
can only believe at this point that you're intentionally misrepresenting
my argument. Bad form.

I'm not questioning their existence, their importance, or their right to
have an interface that meets their needs. I'm questioning what *the
defaults* should be.

You may also note in my most recent message to Patrick that I think the
new status toolbar is not going to actually meet the needs of the
Circumvention folk, and in fact may make things worse for them.

But in any case ...

> And we've said several times: we've heard you, but we disagree, so we're
> going forward with the current design.

Ok, great. Good luck with that.

> You may want to consider the
> possibility that the louder you shout at us how we're dooming email
> adoption, the less inclined we are to take you seriously.

Again, you're misrepresenting my argument entirely; and again, bad form.

I will now retire to the cheap seats with my bucket of popcorn and watch
the show. :)

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not