[Enigmail] gmane + signing (was: New 1.8 toolbar on the composition window)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 20 15:47:20 CET 2015

On 2015-03-18 03:23, Doug Barton wrote:
> I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
> This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does
> not validate, please let me know how you received this message
> (direct, or to a list) and the mail software you use. Thanks!

Huh. I see a signature.asc attached, but no other indication that your
message is signed. Using TB 31.4.0 with Enigmail 1.7.2 (both as provided
by Fedora 20). Note that I am interacting with the list via
[news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.enigmail.general].

I get warnings (due to missing public keys) for inline signing. Seems
like I should see the same for your message if Enigmail was recognizing
that there is an attached signature...

--
Matthew