[Enigmail] SHA Info missing

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Mar 21 00:34:25 CET 2015

> I don't see any SHA info on my messages, whether they are just
> signed, sent with Inline PGP, or with PGP/MIME. Is there a setting
> or configuration I should know about? (using 1.8)

This information is not displayed by Enigmail.  All of the hash
algorithms used in modern OpenPGP are safe and may be used with
confidence, so reporting detailed algorithm information is "cognitive
spam" that tends to confuse people more than it sheds light on anything
important.

If you want to get detailed information on a message, try saving it to
disk and feeding it through gpg -vvvv.  :)