[Enigmail] New GnuPG 2.0.27

Bob Henson bob.henson at galen.org.uk
Sat Mar 21 12:28:31 CET 2015

On 21/03/2015 9:57 am, Olav Seyfarth wrote:
> <pre wrap>
> Hi Bob,

> Deletion was a shade more complex as two old Thawtes keys had private
> keys, but all is now well. Thanks again,
>
> So, how did you solve that? I also had two secret keys, now removed.
> I'd like to restore them, but how to ged rid of MD5 there? prefs?

I'm afraid I can't work that out - I'm not very technical, sadly. As I
no longer need the keys, I just removed them.

When I ran the delete command, it removed the public keys but not the
private ones, so the two that had public keys only partially deleted
(?). I got interrupted in the middle of doing it, so I wasn't paying
enough attention - but there was a message telling me to run the secret
key removal command (can't remember it) first. As I had already run the
delete, it was too late. I thought I would then just delete the whole
thing using the Enigmail Key manager, but they refused to delete. I
restored them from the back up (the public parts only seemed to
re-import) and then using Key Manager to delete them altogether. I still
have the backup, but I think that only saved the public keys?

Regards,

Bob