[Enigmail] (Bug) Enigmail notices illegible in some color schemes

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Sat Mar 21 13:12:43 CET 2015

On 20.03.15 15:52, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> The signature verification/warning banner at the top of messages is
> illegible when using a light-on-dark color scheme; see attached.
>
> Hard-coding the foreground color as well as the background color would
> be an improvement, but please note that some users have trouble reading
> dark text on a light background. It would be best if the colors are
> configurable, or at least adapt to the user's color scheme.

Works for me (as attached). I'd suggest you delete localstore.rdf from
your Thunderbird profile directory. If this doesn't help, then you can
configure the colors yourself by creating the file chrome/userChrome.css
in your Thunderbird profile directory with the following content:

---------------------------------
.enigmailHeaderBoxLabelNoSignature {
  color: black ! important;
}

.enigmailHeaderBoxLabelSignatureOk {
 color: black ! important;
}

.enigmailHeaderBoxLabelSignatureVerified {
 color: black ! important;
}

.enigmailHeaderBoxLabelSignatureNotOk {
 color: black ! important;
}

.enigmailHeaderBoxLabelSignatureUnknown {
 color: black ! important;
}

-Patrick