[Enigmail] Filter Issue in combination with Enigmail Permanent Decryption

Gnoxter gnoxter at linuxlounge.net
Mon Mar 23 22:38:19 CET 2015

Hi,

there is no built in selector to detect PGP yet. In case2 you are
selecting messages that are tagged as PGP, but I don't see a rule that
automatically tags PGP email with "PGP". I assume the email that is
handled has this tag due to manual tagging.

To automatically tag PGP emails add, at the top, a filter that does the
following:

Match any of the following:
[Body] contains [-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----]
[Content-Type] contains [application/pgp-encrypted]
Action:
[Tag Message] [PGP]

Then you can down the line rely on the "PGP" Tag as selector to only
handle PGP emails. Alternatively if you have only one filter anyway you
can replace the "Tags contain PGP" with the rules above.

Admittedly a bit unintuitive but I'm it good spirits that we'll have a
selector to directly match PGP Messages rather soon.

-- gnoxter