[Enigmail] Enigmail Toolbar

Mike Acker mike_acker at charter.net
Sat Mar 28 20:01:09 CET 2015

Olav,--

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply.  The point of issue that
prompted me to write arose when I attempted to sign a message I had
written regarding blank subject lines.   As soon as I attempted to sign
the message I was warned that my message was being converted to plain
text,-- which I did not want.   So, I started hunting for the PGP/MIME
switch.   I found it and set it to use PGP/MIME

But let's talk about Aunt Sally: we would not want to present her with
that message, either.   So we are really between a rock and a hard spot
in this.    My feeling is that if I'm going to use PGP it is because I
expect the recipient is also using PGP.   That being the case it makes
sense to me to set PGP/MIME as the default -- whenever either\or
encryption|signature is selected.   I notice for this message I have to
re-select the PGP/MIME option.

let me know what you think!

I think a huge part of our problem these days is to get people to quit
fussing over 2-factor authentications and start worrying about digital
authentications of documents, generally

=>