[Enigmail] Is Enigmail intercepting "missing key"

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Sat Mar 28 21:05:00 CET 2015

On 3/26/15 12:36 AM, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:

> Automatic key-retrieval is a GnuPG function; I'd expect you don't see
> the message if the key could be found by GnuPG.

Hmmm, Ok. I was able to eventually retrieve the key, so I had assumed
that Enigmail's behavior had changed in this regard. It could have been
a transient error on the key server however.

So it sounds like you're saying that Enigmail hasn't changed its
behavior in terms of "intercepting" this state and inserting the dialog,
only that the dialog which always existed has changed. If that's the
case, then no problem.

And as I said previously, the new dialog is definitely better in any
case. :)

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not