[Enigmail] Recover GPG password remembered by Thunderbird (passphrase in session)

Dkjfffkjk Dfpernf dfpernf at yandex.com
Thu Nov 26 15:33:40 CET 2015

Thank you so much! I solved it with your answer.

For future people, here's how you can recover your PGP key if stored in your GNOME session.

Install pip and gnome-keyring as root:

$ sudo apt-get install python-pip python-gnomekeyring

Now install this application (secret-tool also exists but I couldn't figure it out):

https://github.com/kparal/gkeyring

$ pip install --upgrade --user gkeyring

Now search in the dash (click Ubuntu logo) for "Passwords and Keys" application (this is Seahorse).

Under the subsection called "Passwords" click the item "Login". You should see your PGP key with a lock.

Right click, select Properties.

Then copy the Description field (CTRL-C).

Now in the terminal, type:

$ ./gkeyring --name "..."

Keep the quotes, and paste that description where the ... is. It should look something like:

$ ./gkeyring --name "PGP Key: John Smith <john at smith.com>"

When you press enter it will display your password!

Thanks everybody for their suggestions.