[Enigmail] Change your keyserver settings!

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Tue Jul 2 18:37:13 CEST 2019

A warning to all those who have imported my key (or some others like Rob's and dkg's): our keys have been spammed with a massive amount of signatures. There are so many signatures on the keys that GnuPG will fail to import these keys. These keys have been uploaded to the SKS keyserver pool, and are thus widely spread by now.

I'm bringing this up, because Enigmail will regularly try to update your keys from your default keyserver. If it comes across one of the spammed keys it will make GnuPG fail.

I therefore *strongly recommend* to change your keyserver settings ASAP and set hkps://keys.openpgp.org as 1st keyserver.

I'm currently on travel, and can't do much about it; I'll create a new release of Enigmail with a changed default keyserver as soon as I'll be back.

Patrick