[Enigmail] Enigmail v2.1 for Thunderbird 68 available
patrick at enigmail.net
Fri Jul 12 17:11:09 CEST 2019
I am happy to announce Enigmail v2.1 for Thunderbird 68!
Please note that Enigmail 2.1 only works with Thunderbird 68, and
Enigmail 2.0.x only with Thunderbird 60.x.
Major Changes since v2.0
* A new simplified setup wizard will first try to find out if you
already used encrypted emails before, and then proceed in the
most suitable way.
* On Windows and macOS, there is an automatic check for updates
* Autocrypt: implemented key-gossip and updates to known keys
* If GnuPG 2.1 or newer are used, then key creation will default
to ECC keys
* Interaction with keyservers has been rewritten from scratch, using
Thunderbird-internal functions to access the keyservers.
* Full support for keys.openpgp.org, which is set as default keyserver.
In addition to the above, we fixed several defects:
Enigmail can be downloaded from
The changelog is available from
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the enigmail-users